To grow ginkgo fruit, you must first learn how to grow ginkgo trees so that you can grow ginkgo fruit. Everyone probably hasn’t had much contact, because ginkgo fruit is not something that ordinary people can grow, which has a lot to do with whether you can grow it yourself. If you know how to grow ginkgo fruit and know some methods and techniques, then growing ginkgo fruit is as simple as playing. Ginkgo biloba is an excellent variety, and the whole tree is also relatively tall, more beautiful, and makes people look particularly fond of it. And the fruit of the ginkgo fruit has only begun to bear fruit for ten years. It’s all precious. The leaves of the ginkgo fruit are also very beautiful and beautiful.
First, seed seedlings:
1. According to the sowing period, it can be divided into spring sowing and autumn sowing . Spring planting in the south is in mid-to-late March, and in the north in early to mid-April. Autumn planting is mostly in November. Generally, the emergence rate of autumn sowing is 16% higher than that of spring sowing and the annual growth of seedlings is about 20% larger. In order to improve the germination rate, the seeds are often layered before sowing. Choose a place with leeward sun and good drainage to dig a cellar, 30 cm deep and 1-2 m wide, the length depends on the number of seeds. The stored seeds are stacked in the cellar, with a height of 20 cm, an arc-shaped plastic shed or a layer of straw on it, and the humidity in the cellar is moderately grasped by sand in the hand, and the humidity should be sprinkled in time. The temperature is 25-30 °C, and above 30 °C, pay attention to ventilation. Flip every 2 to 3 days to regulate temperature and humidity, promote neat germination, and sow after about 20 days. If the seeds do not germinate neatly. Seeds can be sown in stages.
2. On the whole ground, make a 1.3-meter-wide furrow, open a horizontal trench with a row spacing of 33 cm, about 7 cm deep, sow 1 seed every 10-15 cm, use about 20 kg of seeds per mu, apply animal manure water, and then cover the soil and level the wow. When sowing seeds, such as mulching or spraying ground warming agent, the emergence rate can be improved. Seedling management: Timely cultivation and weeding at the seedling stage, prevention and control of diseases and pests, drought and flood prevention, so that seedlings can grow in moist and loose soil. Top dressing is generally applied three times at the seedling stage, the first time in mid-to-late May, combined with irrigation mu to apply 7.5 kg of urea or 15-20 kg of ammonium bicarbonate. The second time at the end of June, the third time in early to mid-August, the dosage is appropriately increased – points compared with the first, and phosphorus, potassium fertilizer or some grass and wood are applied appropriately. Annual seedlings, the aerial part grows slowly, generally about 20 to 35 cm tall. Biennial seedlings can reach a height of 50 to 80 cm. After transplanting, the fruit can be hung about 20 years after transplanting (this is also the origin of the common name of ginkgo biloba Gongsun tree). Second, grafting 1. Selection of rootstock: 2-3 year old seedlings are appropriate, because 2-year seedlings have many branches and leaves, developed root system, rich nutrient storage, so the grafting survival rate is high, the general survival rate is more than 90%.
2. Scion selection: During the growing season, 1-year-old shoots are collected from 30-40 years old excellent variety trees for scion. Try to pick and pick up as much as possible, need to be transported long distance should pay attention to moisturizing, to prevent rot, conditional can be stored at low temperature (3-5 °C), can also be sealed wax moisturizing. Ginkgo biloba is a dioecious, and scions should be collected and stored separately according to different sexes.
3. Grafting method: Grafting is carried out from late June to early August every year. When grafting, cut from the newly semi-lignified rootstock, and cut a vertical opening with a sharp knife in the center of the cut, with a length of 2-3cm. A bilaterally symmetrical wedge with a bevel length of 2-3 cm is cut 1 cm below the scion bud, and then cut from 1 cm above the bud to become a symmetrical wedge scion on both sides of a single bud. The cut scion is quickly inserted into the rootstock incision, so that the smallest side of the two sides forms a layer alignment, and in time with a plastic strip to tie and tie tightly, the bud eye is exposed. When possible, a plastic bag (diameter 3-4cm, length 10-15cm) can be put above the scion to prevent a large amount of water evaporation and play a protective role. The grafting time should preferably be selected on cloudy days, low temperature, and high relative humidity, but not on rainy days.
After grafting into survival, the plastic bag should be removed in time. In addition, the female and male grafted seedlings in the nursery field should be distinguished.
4. Management of grafted seedlings: After grafting survives, it can grow in the original seedbed for 1 year, during which it should be large and watery, foliar fertilization can be carried out, timely cultivation and weeding, and accelerate the growth of seedlings. In the spring of the second year after grafting, transplanting and planting according to the plant row spacing of 30 cm × 60 cm. After another 2 years, interlaced and inter-plant seedlings can be implemented to facilitate the cultivation of large seedlings of different specifications. Seedling transplanting can be done before and after frost.