Dentistry should pay attention to the following 6 problems when using chlorine-containing disinfectants:
1. In the process of configuring and using chlorine-containing disinfectant, you need to wear masks, gloves, and goggles if necessary, because chlorine-containing disinfectant is irritating and corrosive to the skin and mucous membranes. If you accidentally come into contact with the original solution, it can damage the skin and mucous membranes.
2. Before using chlorine-containing disinfectant for surface disinfection, it is necessary to remove the pollutants on the surface of the article, especially blood and body fluids, because the disinfectant encounters organic matter and will reduce its disinfection effect.
3. It is forbidden to use chlorine-containing disinfectant to soak metal instruments, because the disinfectant is corrosive and will cause certain damage to metal instruments.
4. The items disinfected with chlorine-containing disinfectant must be rinsed under running water, because part of the residue of the disinfectant will cause harm to the human body.
5. It is forbidden to use chlorine-containing disinfectant with toilet cleaner and alcohol, because they will have a chemical reaction after encounter, and it is easy to produce toxic gas – chlorine, chlorine is a gas that will affect and damage the respiratory tract, cause physical discomfort, and in severe cases, it will lead to poisoning and even affect life.
6. The chlorine-containing disinfectant must be proportioned according to the proportion, the higher the concentration, the better, of course, the concentration is too low to have a disinfection effect.
The above is the problems that should be paid attention to during the use of chlorine-containing disinfectant, and will be shared with you in the next issue, such as how to deal with emergencies when using chlorine-containing disinfectant. Stay tuned to me to learn the secrets of dentistry in the Yong Zhuo Fung Business Unit.