Why are common silver jewelry S925, not S999
Silver jewelry is the hottest fashion jewelry today. However, when buying silver jewelry, you will find that fashion silver jewelry is almost marked with 925 silver, such as 925 silver bracelets or 925 silver pendants. Is it better to be 925 silver or 999 silver?
Let’s briefly understand the common types of silver jewelry:
① Pure silver: There are “S925” or “AG925” logo, which indicates that this metal silver content is 92.5%, which is the most common jewelry silver on the market.
② Foot silver: There are “S990” or “AG990” logo, which indicates that the metal silver content is 99%.
③ Thousands of silver: There are “S999” or “AG999” logo, which indicates that the metal silver content is 99.9%. This is the most silver jewelry containing the market on the market. It is mostly used for making large pieces of jewelry such as bracelets, tableware, cups, ornaments.
④ Baoyin, silver -plated: There are steel prints with “SL” or “FS”, which indicates that this jewelry is silver -plated, and its value is not needed! Of course, if there is no steel seal, it may be ordinary metals.
The highest purity is 999 thousands of silver, with a silver content of 99.9%, followed by 990, which is called foot silver with a silver content of 90%. Both are soft, so it is suitable for making silver jewelry, but it is easy to oxidize and black, and you need to wear it carefully.
However, there is also a saying that sterling silver is not easy to oxidize. And this so -called 999 silver is not easy to be oxidized, refers to in a humid environment. There will be a small amount of water vapor on the surface of the metal. If the silver decoration is impure (such as 925), there are a small amount of other metals in it. Under such conditions, it is easier to oxidize than the silver exposed in the air. In contrast Metals are relatively easy to be oxidized.
The most common is 925 silver, called international standard silver, which is recognized as the minimum standard of sterling silver internationally. 925 silver added 7.5%of the copper alloy components, which increased hardness and more suitable for flower jewelry. Finished silver jewelry is usually plated and polished, so it has stronger antioxidant capabilities than 999 and 990.
What if you say that 925 silver and 999 silver are better? This is selected. If it is a baby or an old man, 999 silver is the best! If young people are pursuing fashion and look, it is more suitable to wear 925 silver accessories!
Silver is an active metal, which is easy to chemically react with the sulfur in the air to blame the silverware. Silver jewelry needs to be maintained, and you must not wear any care, especially not to wear in places with strong chemical gases. Usually wear as much as possible to avoid contact with the washing preparation, and try to avoid contact with hard objects to avoid scratches.
1. The best way to maintain silver is worn every day, because the body’s fat will make silver emit a warm and natural luster (of course, there are exceptions, and some people sweat itself contain the ingredients that make the silver black). Usually do not wear it well, it is best to install it with closed pockets to prevent the silver surface from contacting the air and the oxidation and darkening.
2. Daily cleaning soil method: squeeze a little toothpaste on the silver jewelry, add some water, rub it properly until the small white bubbles, and then rinse it with water to restore the light.
3. Do not wear other precious metal jewelry at the same time when wearing silver jewelry to avoid collision deformation or abrasion.
4. Keep the silver jewelry dry, don’t wear swimming, don’t approach hot springs and seawater.
5. Wipe the silver surface with a soft cloth every day when wearing it to keep it shiny. But it is best to be a dedicated silver cloth. Silver cloth contains silver maintenance ingredients and cannot be washed.
6. If the silver jewelry is found to have a signs of yellowing, at this time, you should use the fine slit of the jewelry brush to clean the jewelry. Restore the original silver and light of the jewelry.
Product Recommendation: 925 Silver Pendant